|Almond & Earl Grey Tea Cupcakes|
Let's start with the cupcake itself, we will need all these ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup of sugar 2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. almond extract
And follow step-by-step:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Fill a cupcake pan with liners.
3. Beat the butter until creamy, then add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure that they are incorporated thoroughly.
5. In a bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients, including the tea leaves.
6. Add half of the dry mixture.
7. Add the milk then the remaining flour, stir until combined.
8. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
9. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, rotating halfway to ensure even baking.
10. Let cool completely before frosting.
The ingredients for the icing:2 cups confectioner sugar1/4 cup butter at room temperature1/4 tsp almond extract milk, enough to make preferred consistency.Last four steps for almond buttercream:1. cream the butter.2. Add the sugar and almond extract.3. Add milk slowly until you reach the desired consistency - you might not use all the milk.4. Beat until smooth.
Almond Earl Grey Tea CupcakesFor those who loves to decorate the cupcakes, this is an interesting link http://www.cupcake-decorating-ideas.com/index.html Hope you guys enjoy baking almond earl grey tea cupcakes and also enjoy decorating your cupcakes as much as you like!!